- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pestcontrol
- Heat Treatment
- Inerting, Blanketing & Sparging
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing
- Pharma & Biotechnology
- Plastic Molding, Foaming, Forming & Extrusion
- Process Chemistry
- Rubber Deflashing & Vulcanization
- Thermal Cutting
- Water & Soil Treatment
We have designed a modular, multifunctional stirred reactor test plant (CSTR) for the investigation of a large number of homogeneous gas/liquid reactions.
The test plant shown in the picture is perfectly suited for verification of preliminary laboratory results as well as scale-up to medium or large sized technical plants.
Gaseous oxygen is used in many gas/liquid oxidations, for example, in
production of hydroperoxides, the oxidative decarboxylations or
oxidation of toluene derivatives. Two oxygen applications could be
considered for oxidation processes, oxygen enrichment of oxidation air
and total substitution of air by oxygen.
The benefits of these applications include:
- Increased throughput and selectivity
- Same conversion rate at lower temperatures
- Savings in total operating costs.
Messer provides a number of service options, these include; feasibility and profitability studies, test runs with our stirred reactor test plant, process calculations to evaluate the effects, supply and installation of gas mixing units and the installation and start-up of oxygen supply systems.